Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Raw Lemon Drop Balls

As a kid, I loved going over to Grandma's house. She always had the best toys and treats. I vividly recall a beautiful white crystal candy jar that she always had filled with lemon drops and butterscotch. Of course, I had to sneak a couple of each when I was there. :) With these fond memories, here's my adult version of lemon drops...now I need to work on the butterscotch!

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
2 tablespoons raw honey
Pinch sea salt
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, finely shredded

Directions:
Place all ingredients except the coconut in a food processor and blend until a cohesive dough forms, scraping down the sides as needed. Place coconut in a small separate bowl and set aside. Pinch off small sections of dough and roll into 1 inch sized balls using the palms of your hands. Repeat with remaining dough. Toss one ball at a time into the coconut shreds to coat the outside. You may need to wash your hands a couple of times during the process if they become to sticky. Store in the fridge for a couple of weeks or in the freezer for several weeks.

No comments: