Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Raw Apricot Macaroons

I went home to visit my Dad recently so I wanted to make him something special. He loves apricots and coconuts so I mixed the two together and came up with a wonderful fruit cookie. Within one day he ate them all so they must have won his approval. I'll definitely be making these again for him soon....

Ingredients:
2 cups dried apricots
3 cups dried unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
Pinch of Sea Salt

Directions:
Soak the apricots for 3-6 hours in enough water to cover the top by 1 inch. Drain and save water for smoothies or drinking. Blend all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a cohesive dough forms, scraping down the sides as needed. Pinch of a small section of the dough and form into a cookie shape. Place on a mesh dehydrator screen or parchment paper and dehydrate for 15-18 hours or until they are soft on the inside but firm on the outside. Store in the fridge for several weeks.

No comments: