Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Raw Fruit Muesli Cereal

This cereal is so much better than anything you will find in a box! I couldn't believe how tasty it was the first time I tried it. It also filled me up so much that I was full until lunch....normally I eat a snack (or two) between breakfast and lunch so this is VERY filling. :)

Ingredients:
2 cups raw oat flakes
1 cup dried apples, chopped
8 Medjool dates, chopped
1/2 cup dried cherries sweetened with fruit juice
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Directions:
Toss all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. To serve, place your desired portion in a bowl and top with your favorite raw nut milk. Eat immediately or cover and let sit for 30 minutes for oats to soften and flavors to mix. Top will fresh fruit if desired. Store in an air tight container for several months.

No comments: